St. Matthew Hockey and Sports Club AGM
When: Sunday, July 26th at 1:00 pm
Where: Evansdale Community League at 9111 – 150 Ave
We would like to hold the meeting outside, but if Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate, we will hold it inside the hall. The facility is quite large and will allow for us to follow COVID-19 protocol.
COVID-19: In keeping with COVID-19 guidelines, there will be some differences to the AGM this year:
- We will not be providing handouts to our members (as we did at the September Special Meeting.) Members are encouraged to print off their own documents or view them electronically (please see meeting materials listed below).
- All attending members (including board members) are encouraged to wear a mask and bring their own pen. We will have additional masks/pens if needed.
- Members will be required to use hand sanitizer at the table prior to signing in.
- Members will sign-in on individual sign-in sheets. We will subsequently record the individuals’ names on a control sheet. The board members working this desk will be wearing masks and gloves to facilitate the sign-in.
- Members will be provided with a small unopened post-it notepad to facilitate ballot voting if required.
- Chairs will be spaced out to accommodate the 2-meter distancing COVID-19 requirement.
- Refreshments will not be served at the meeting.
Please note: If any Member does not feel comfortable attending the meeting in-person, send an email to email@example.com and we will do our best to come up with a solution.
Quorum: 25 members are required for the AGM to proceed.
The President will call things to order and run through the approval of the agenda and minutes from prior meetings.
The President will review the President’s Report and allow for any subsequent questions.
The Treasurer will present the May 31, 2019 financial statements, appoint the auditors for the 2020-21 fiscal year and present the May 31, 2020 management statements.
Nominations will be accepted for the 14 open positions on the board:
Vice President of Hockey Operations, Treasurer, Registrar, Ice Allocator, U7 Director (Timbits), U9 Director (Novice), U11 Director (Atom), U13 Director (Peewee), Communications Coordinator, Equipment Manager, Apparel Coordinator, Special Events Coordinator, Casino (Fundraising) Coordinator, Bingo Coordinator.
Once all nominations have been accepted, acclamations will be confirmed and we will vote for the contested positions. Voting will be conducted by a show of hands, unless 5 members request secret/paper ballot. In this scenario, we will use the post-it notes handed out at the sign-in desk. One board member will collect all of the votes and a pair of board members will tally the results.
Any position not filled at the AGM, will be advertised on the website.
Conclusion of the meeting.
- SMHSC AGM Agenda July 26, 2020;
- SMHSC AGM minutes 2019;
- SMHSC Special Meeting Minutes September 21, 2019;
- SMHSC Special Meeting September 21, 2019 Attendees;
- President Report – July 26, 2020;
- SMHSC Financial Statements May 31, 2019; and
- SMHSC Financial Statements May 31, 2020 (Draft Management Accounts)
We look forward to seeing our membership at the meeting.