We are calling a Special Meeting of Members on November 20, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. to ratify updates to the SMHSC bylaws. As per SMHSC bylaws, we require a minimum of 25 members to attend the Special Meeting in order to meet quorum. Ratifying the bylaws is critical to avoid interruption of our fundraising capabilities as a club. The meeting will be held via video conference through Google Meet; please see the recent email for instructions to join.
Purpose of the Proposed Changes
Last year, we completed the process of updating our club bylaws, which came into effect on September 21, 2019. After reviewing our bylaws with the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC), an item was bought to our attention that required adjustment to maintain compliance with AGLC regulations. Furthermore, we are taking this opportunity to make some additional updates. All proposed changes have been highlighted throughout the draft document (see attached). For quick reference, the proposed changes include the following:
· AGLC requires SMHSC to explicitly state in the bylaws that no remuneration of any kind will be awarded to a Member, Director or Officer of SMHSC (see article 8.7.1).
· Voting eligibility adjustments (2 votes per family; see article 188.8.131.52).
· Quorum requirements for club meetings (see article 6.1.4).
· Aligning division terminology with league changes (U7, U9, U11 & U13; see article 7.1.3 & 184.108.40.206)
· Updating the Casino Coordinator position to Casino & Fundraising Coordinator (see article 7.1.3 & 220.127.116.11)
· Adding the Registrar as an executive role (see article 7.2.1 & 7.3.5).
You can also find a copy of the SMHSC bylaws filed September 21, 2019 on our website: https://www.stmatthewhockey.com/policies-rules-procedures/
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!